Sunday, February 27, 2011

Blueberry Scones





Isn't that scone pretty?  My sweet baby gave me the yellow daffodil in the background.  He said he was givin' it to me "buzz i love you So much" Little boys are the best.:)  Shhhh-it came out of my next door neighbor's yard. Sorry Miss Pat! 
I love these scones-not too sweet-but sweet enough to satisfy a sweet tooth! Perfect hot out of the oven with coffee for breakfast. Perfect as a mid day snack or try one topped with ice cream for a decadent dessert! Ready to get baking? Here we go!


2 cups self rising flour
1 Tb sugar
1/2 stick margarine or butter-cold
1/3 cup cream (I used equal parts buttermilk and Italian Sweet Cream coffee creamer-cause it is what I had-you could also use half/half)
2 eggs -lightly beaten (one egg if you want a less dense scone)


Preheat oven to 400.Combine flour and sugar. Using 2 butter knifes or a pastry cutter-cut the margarine/butter into the flour mixture.In small bowl-mix eggs and cream.Make a well in the center and pour liquid into the dry. Gently mix until combined-just until it comes together. Turn out until floured counter and form a rectangle. Using a sharp knife-cut into triangles.Place on baking sheet that you sprayed with just a little cooking spray.  Bake 15 -17 minutes.  If you like-dust the tops with powdered sugar. Enjoy! 

No comments: