Saturday, February 5, 2011

Chicken Nachos and an Apology

I have been a bad blogger. I think my last post was in July. I am ashamed.So very sorry and ashamed. No excuses~I have been neglectful and to make it up to all of you, I am sharing a awesome recipe. :)
Are you excited? I hope so! I am!!! 
Great for a snack or even a meal. The past month or so, I have been trying to eat a little healthier and think most of us can make little changes to take a little better care of ourselves.


ChIcKeN NaChOs!!
About a half bag of baked tortilla chips (I like Baked Tostitos)
2 cups cooked shredded chicken (poached works well)
1 can rinsed and drained (reduces sodium 40%) black beans
1 cup salsa 
1 1/2 cup Mexican Cheese blend or Pepper-jack cheese-shredded
Sliced jalapeños (optional-but soooo good!)
Guacamole-1/4 cup (optional-but sooo-ok you get the idea)
sliced scallions(again..sooo....)




Heat oven to 350 -Line bottom and sides of large baking dish or cookie sheet w/ chips. Scatter chicken and beans over chips.Spoon salsa over beans(spoon guac if you like it over the salsa) and top w/ cheese. Sprinkle scallions and jalapeños over top.
bake at 350 for 15 minutes and serve hot! You can also dollop a little sour cream on top after removing from oven. YUM!!!


No comments: