Friday, May 15, 2009

Summer Feet

Alright ladies, it's that time of year once again!!! I think we need to be reminded of a few things. So my sisters, PLEASE, raise your big toes and repeat after me below....

The Open Toed Shoe Pledge
As a member of the Cute Girl Sisterhood, I pledge to follow the Rules
when wearing sandals and other open-toe shoes:

I promise to always wear sandals that fit. My toes will not hang over
andtouch the ground, nor will my heels spill over the backs. And the sides andtops of my feet will not pudge out between the straps.

I will go polish-free or vow to keep the polish fresh, intact and chip-free.
I will not cheat and just touch up my big toe.

I will sand down any mounds of skin before they turn hard and yellow.

I will shave the hairs off my big toe. I will also shave my legs while at it!

I won't wear pantyhose even if my misinformed girlfriend, coworker,
mother,sister tells me the toe seam really will stay under my toes if I tuck itthere.

If a strap breaks, I won't duct-tape, pin, glue or tuck it back into
placehoping it will stay put. I will get my shoe fixed or toss it.

I will not live in corn denial; rather I will lean on my good friend Dr.
Scholl's if my feet need him.

I will resist the urge to buy jelly shoes at Payless for the low, low
price of $4.99 even if my feet are small enough to fit into the kids' sizes. This is out of concern for my safety, and the safety of others. No one can walk properly when standing in a pool of sweat and I would hate to take someone down with me as I fall and break my ankle.

I will take my toe ring off toward the end of the day if my toes swell
and begin to look like Vienna sausages.

I will be brutally honest with my girlfriend/sister/coworker when she
asks meif her feet are too ugly to wear sandals. Someone has to tell her that her toes are as long as my fingers and no sandal makes creepy feet lookgood.

I will promise if I wear flip flops that I will ensure that theyareactually flip and flop, making the correct noise while walking and I will swear NOT to slide or drag my feet while wearing them.

I will promise to go to my localnail salonat least once per season and
havea real pedicure (they are about $35and worth EVERY penny).

I will promise to throw away any white/off-white sandals that show signs ofwear... nothing is tackier than dirty white sandles.
Well, maybe sandles and socks :P



8 comments:

Aly said...

Very good Amy! noooooooooooooo TO SOCKS WITH SUMMER SHOES!!!!

Amy said...

thanks ALy!!! Your donut recipe looks so yummy!

Brook said...

I love it! And am in FULL AGREMENT! Nothing worse than toes hanging over the front of your shoes-except scary feet of course. I recently gave myself a full on salon pedicure-yes it is possible(I am admittedly terrified of getting some dread something from a salon). I saw some nightline show and haven't gone back to one again. Summer Feet!

Amy said...

Im with ya Brook!1 Last time i got a pedicure they tortured my toes! It really hurt!! I think it was a cuticle thing-seemed likt too much pain to be a good thing. I am getting another soon though...just gonna tell em to lay off the torture.

Spellbound said...

Well Amy you will get no arguments from me. Of course all those girls with the bad feet and shoes just make us look more like the goddess we are. I have reached the point in my life where I can afford biweekly pedicures and weekly manicures and my discount shoe store is DSW or Nordstrom's Rack. Call me vain, but I love it when women stop me and ask me tell me I have cute shoes. I also love it when women my age ask me, "How do you walk in those?" especially when I just came off the dance floor. Oh, sorry, I might be a bit passionate about this subject.

Nej said...

We have a flip flop wearer that drags her feet here at work. Drives me insane! :-)

Amy said...

Oh!! and doncha just love the people who wear bedroom slippers in public? They are slidders as well...very classy.

Nej said...

And I've yet to wear a pair of bedroom slippers that are comfy enough to actually walk around town in. Has to be murder on their backs. :-)