Thursday, December 31, 2009
Baby Duck's favorite Christmas toy was his brother's pop-up book light. Then yesterday, the toy of 2009 arrived! The little tikes Endless Adventure Easy Store Jr Play Slide. Big name for what is basically a good and sturdy little slide. Perfect for toddlers. I go it from a really user friendly site for online toys. BD has been on glued to the thing since yesterday! If you have an 18 month-4 or 5 year old, you must get one. The slide is well made and can be used indoor or out. I was a tad nervous when the box said those three words parents fear "adult assembly required". It was almost funny when I discovered that meant popping one little bar into a latch. Removing the latch folds the slide for storage. BD liked the slide folded up and turned over-now the beloved slide was a boat! Not only does he like sliding and climbing on the slide, he loves when his favorite stuffed dog (bobbydog) takes a turn. It makes a cool ramp for all his cars and truck, too. All this climbing and sliding is great for his balance and coordination and is a fun way to use all that energy, so Mama is very happy. Yay for EAESJ Play Slide!
Thursday, December 24, 2009
In the blog world, I have met some pretty cool people. When my new friend, Christie, asked me if she could share one of my frugal posts, I was really excited! If you want to check out her helpful blog click HERE. She shared my Reindeer Food post today! She is a blogger with The Birmingham News and has many wonderful ways to help us save our money and our sanity. :o)Being a Stay-Home-Mom in this yucky economy has lead me to becoming quite fugal indeed. Couponing, watching for sales on-line and off!! All us moms need to stick together to stretch our pennies.
It is fun to make new friends and blogging has opened up doors to interesting people all over the world. If you want to try it, I promise you will enjoy it. Online journaling about the things and people you love is a wonderful stress reliever and a way to build a support system of good friends in this high tech world.
Sunday, December 20, 2009
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy.
5. Make time to pray.
6. Play more games.
7. Read more books than you did in 2009.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minute walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
11. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don't have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don't overdo. Keep your limits.
14. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake.
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
18. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner with His/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree...
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time w/ people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come.
38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.