Sunday, May 31, 2009

Zach's Pecan Pie Muffins


I thought I would do something I really like doing - blog hopping. I came upon this recipe at RecipeZaar for pecan pie muffins. The comments were all raving about how they resembled pecan pie and everyone was giving it a 5 star rating. With only a few ingredients I thought I had nothing to lose by giving them a try. I'm telling you - if you have the ingredients in your house - make them now and then get ready to make a second batch. They really do have a pecan pie type of taste to them with a muffin texture. So good. They're minis and pop right out of the mini muffin tins and directly into your mouth. It's funny how that works. I had to throw them in freezer bags immediately otherwise today could easily have been a 3000 calorie day - noooo problem. My oldest son, Zach, said these are his new favorite muffin.

Ingredients:

1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup dark Karo syrup or molasses
2 eggs

Process:

1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Combine everything in a bowl
3. Spray 2 mini muffin tins about 3/4 full
4. Bake 18 minutes for mini muffins/ 22-24 for med size

will yield a dozen med size.

Could it get any easier

8 comments:

Brook said...

HOly crap-are you sure that's it? You are kidding. I just might have to try this-for real. Jiminy Cricket!

Amy said...

that is it! i may add a teaspoon of vanilla...I think maybe that would be a good addition..but this is a chewy-kinda gooey-but oh so yummy muffin.

Brook said...

look at me-I came back to double check. you know I'm going to end up making these.

Amy said...

I know-they isn't any thing in em to make them rise. They are not a light fluffy sorta muffin-has kind of a pecan pie texture.

Amy said...

I got a food processor for Christams-i love chopping up nuts;) just sayin. :P

Nej said...

"I would be proud to partake of your pecan pie."

Sorry, When Harry Met Sally flashbacks going on here. :-)

Zach said...

my word verification is FOODE...hahahahahaha.....gimmie a muffin lady

Amy said...

I revised the recipe-I decided it needed a little Karo-dark to give them more pecan pie flavor. I also cut back the butter just a little. Enjoy!!
oohh..If you use muffin papers-remember cooking spray.
I made a dozen med size muffins-I baked 22 minutes.