Saturday, November 22, 2008

Being a parent is fun. I keep saying that to myself. Not that it isn't because it is, it just is much tougher than I thought it would be. The loving them, the taking care of physical needs, having fun with them- those are things I am good at. The saying no (and meaning no), the heartaches of preteendom, the trying to convince them to not kill their brother-that is what I struggle with. Sometimes Daily. I have realized that if I want to live in a somewhat peaceful home, I have to start doing a little better. Somehow. I know you will tell me to get tougher-I'm workin on it. Maybe like me , there are days that start out pretty good and then around five in the afternoon you start looking down the road for good ole Daddy to drive home. Yep. A little help would be nice.
Let me introduce the boys.
First there is Daddy Tony. My car selling. sometimes hard to communicate with husband. Seriously, Tony is a wonderful father and husband.
Then there is Zachary. He will be a teenager in the Spring. His voice has changed but he is still a sweetheart.
My middle child is Mr. Eli. He is a one of a kind high maintenance child. Big hearted and loving with a definite wild streak, he is 10.
Our baby is Logan Clyde. He are all madly in love with him. A smart, funny baby who loves being out doors. He is almost 16 months. Constantly I am kissing on this one.
I hope I haven't bored anyone. I hope to give some insight to being the only female in a house of 5. I love my life. I love my family. I just need a vacation at a luxury spa. Soon. Please.

1 comment:

God Bless You said...

I'm happy for you and the kids that you can be home now. Hopefully we can get together sometime soon. My days are freed up again. Sue