Friday, June 12, 2009

Peachy BananaBerry Muffins

This is my own recipe that I created a yesterday. I had bananas that were on their last leg (well if they had legs) and leftover peaches I had cut up the night before to top ice cream. I also had about a cup of fresh blueberries. Eli wanted blueberry muffins, so I thought I would combine all my fruit to make a new type of muffin. A Taste Of Georgia is one of my favorite cookbooks, so I found a good banana bread recipe and adapted. If you know me, you know this is very typical of the way I operate!! The result is a moist, sweet and very good muffin. The nuts are optional-but I really like the crunch and protein they add.

Amy's Peachy BananaBerry Muffins
Oven: 350 for 20 min

1 stick butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk (2% or whole)
2 ripe bananas, mashed
2 med or 3 small peaches-cut up and topped w/ 1 T. sugar-let them sit to soften
1/2 to 3/4 cup blueberries (blackberries also would be good)
2 1/2 cup self-rising flour
1/2 tea good vanilla-don't buy that imitation crap
1 /2 cup nuts-I used sliced almonds-pecans would also be good

Cream butter and sugar, Add eggs and beat well. Add mashed bananas and peaches, flour and milk, vanilla and nuts. Gently stir in berries. Spoon into paper lined (and Pam sprayed!) muffin tins.
Top with a few extra nuts on each. these look pretty and are so tasty.
bake until golden on top ans springs back when top is touched.
mini muffins-about 11 min...med muffins 20-22 min..large muffins..27-29 min.
* these freeze well *


2 comments:

Nej said...

I'm pleased and disappointed at the same time that I don't live in your house. The food sounds marvelous...but I'd weight 400 pounds!! :-) :-)

Amy said...

I know! I have to start immediately freezing muffins and such. Or jsut have ONE and let my boys have the rest.